Thursday, February 08, 2007

Quests: Shiny New Boots (Artifact Armor +1)

One of the benefits of doing Limbus is that you can get items that are needed to upgrade Artifact Armor. I had been lucky enough to get both the pieces I needed for my PLD AF, a White Rivet and a chunk of Snowy Cermet. Originally, my intent was to save up coins for a Boxer's Mantle first, but since I already had both of the upgrade items, it made more sense to upgrade my Gallant Leggings, since I'd wear them pretty much full-time, while my mantle would be situational, for when I am straight tanking and don't care about the extra HP and Enmity from I get from High Breath Mantles. So I talked to Sagheera in Port Jeuno and she told me that if I wanted to upgrade my Gallant Leggings, I'd also need a Blessed Mythril Sheet.

Blessed Mythril Sheets aren't often on the auction house, but are an Alchemy synth that Grym could easily do, so I bought a mythril sheet and sent it to Grym along with a light crystal and a flask of holy water, and had her make it for me. Then on Saturday night after Dynamis, I headed to Port Jeuno, and traded 20 Ancient Beastcoins, my Gallant Leggings, the White Rivet, Snowy Cermet and Blessed Mythril Sheet to Sagheera. She told me it would take a few days to get my AF restored, since they had to be sent off to the Near East.

I returned the following morning after the conquest tally, and my improved boots had arrived. Hurray! These are really the best boots in the game for a sword/shield tanking PLD, so it's very nice to have them. Thanks to TheNewUltimates for helping me get the items I needed for the upgrade! It's a bit odd for Kiki to have started getting things I never really thought she'd get: Sattva Ring, Valor armor, AF+1. If I start talking about how I need Koenig armor and Crimson Cuisses or something, I think the world will explode. I am enjoying Limbus immensely, and Dynamis still has its charm, but I still can't see me surviving long in a gods/HNM LS. That does seem to be the only way to get some of these harder quests, like Divine Might and the Bahamut fight, done, but at too high a cost.




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratuations!

February 12, 2007 9:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home