Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Dynamis: Leaving the Nest

I decided it was time for me to leave Snakes On A Dynamis, partly because I thought I should start doing Dynamis with TheUltimates since I've been doing Limbus with them. I talked with Narsat about it quite a bit, and last week attended my last two runs with them. For these two runs, we had Lumikumi main tank, so I could tell him what little I'd learned about being a main tank for Dynamis. I hadn't gotten any "training" when I had to take over as main tank, and thought it would help him get used to it before I disappeared. I think the linkshell will be in good hands with him, but I hope they can get a couple more PLDs to back him up. Chanell quit recently too (off to an HNM/gods linkshell, and very happy there from the sounds of it). I feel bad leaving so soon, and I'll really miss my Dynamis family, but I needed to go.

Last Tuesday, we hit San d'Oria, and did extremely well getting the flag. We didn't have any wipes until the post-flag farming! I'm so proud of how well we've grown as a shell. Lumikumi died twice (Eagle Eye Shot, and pulling the Mega Boss), but that was it for tank deaths until we started farming after getting the flag. AF2 drops were ok: PLD, WHM, and BRD. Lumikumi won the lot for the Valor Gauntlets over Raymcd, so he's got his first piece of AF2. Since I knew I was leaving the shell, I didn't lot, since it wouldn't be right. I've got my Valor Coronet to commemorate my time with the shell, and will never forget where it came from. Goto was thrilled to finally see a piece of WHM AF2 drop, and even more excited when he won the lot.

On Saturday, we headed to Windurst for our second run there with just our linkshell. We did a lot better than we had on our first attempt, but didn't make it past Shantotto's house. AF2 dropped for SAM, DRK, SMN, and THF, which was pretty nice.

I was very sad as I said goodbye, then posted the attendance list for the run and updated the Northlands points. I asked Narsat to change my forum access to "Former Member", and dropped my pearlsack. It's really been an emotional month for me in the game.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger tsakiki said...

Thanks Kir! It sounds like you had the super-sized verion of my own little dramas. I hope things work out well.

January 25, 2007 10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home