Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dynamis: Beaucedine Glacier and Jeuno

Last week, we had two late night Dynamis runs. Venn's started using the RustyBuckets calendar to schedule our runs, but another LS that is particularly without honor snagged the zone before our start time. So we waited for them to finish, and started our run at 10:30, which meant for a very late night for me. Venn had me main tank, which was a bit of a challenge. I'd never been in the zone, so I didn't know what to expect when. Plus the lag was so bad that I often didn't even see mobs until they were already running past me. One time we goofed up and started meleeing an Orc NM, which got a bunch of us charmed. It's so funny seeing us all run around chasing after our team mates. We got all of the time extensions and farmed for a full 3 hours, but we didn't get a single piece of AF2 to drop.

Because we started late on Wednesday, we had to start late on Saturday as well, and since we weren't at San d'Oria at our scheduled time, another linkshell took it. Jeuno was the only one free, so we settled on that. Of course just as Venn broke the Timeless Hourglass, the other group finished San d'Oria, but it was too late at that point. However, we had a really good run. I was main tank again, but at least I'm familiar with Jeuno. The only notable event was when we were fighting a BST NM - the BLMs killed his pet before we got the NM dead, and he charmed me instead of spawning a new pet. With cries of "I thought Tsakiki was on our side," someone put me to sleep until the NM was dead. It still seems most of my deaths in Dynamis now are at the hands of the Ranger-type monsters. Sentinel really mitigates the damage from the Monk-type mobs, and having people quick to cure keeps the tanks alive.

We mopped up all of the mobs and still had time left, so our farming run turned into a flag run. Goldfish, Mayze and I made a clean pull of the Mega Boss, and a couple people got their flag. It was late, we were all tired, and some people dropped their hourglasses when we decided "one last statue". It was an amusing wipe. Better to wipe having fun after completing than wiping and losing! We ended up with 4 pieces of AF2 (BRD, THF, BLM, WAR), and two pieces of 100 currency for the linkshell.

Between the entrance fees for Dynamis and Limbus, plus my tacos, high breath mantles, and reraise gorgets, I'm draining about 300K from my savings account each week. I'm really going to have start actively making gil, rather than relying on my passive income, which is much lower than it once was.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home