Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Dynamis: TheUltimates

Last Wednesday night, I made my first run with TheUltimates. We were supposed to do Dynamis-Beaucedine, which would have been quite exciting, as it would have been my first time. However, another LS also wanted to do it, and they had more people there earlier than we did, so we left it to them.

Venn cancelled Dynamis for the evening, but a few people decided we should do one of the cities after all. Bastok was the only open area, so we headed there to do some farming, and maybe get the flag for a couple people who needed it. We only had 23 people there for the run, since people who didn't have Beaucedine access already made other plans, and some people left when they heard Dynamis was cancelled. It wasn't a lot different than a typical Snakes run on Bastok, but TU does seem a bit quicker at killing mobs than Snakes was. We had 3 PLDs, NIN, WHM, and RDM in the tank party. Jarbit was the main tank - some people lobbied for me to main tank, but I didn't want to main tank on my first run with TU. I want to spend time observing how they do things first. Ezekiel ended up doing the pulling as SAM/THF, which was a bit tough on his exp buffer.

The drops seemed scarce, but we did get PLD, BRD, and THF AF2. Jarbit was the only PLD main without the coronet, so he was happy to get his shiny new hat. We ended up wiping on one of the trigger NMs, and started running out of time, so no flag for the new members, but it was fun. I only died the one time too, which was novel. It seems like a decent group of people, so hopefully I can fit in and be part of the family.

One big difference is that when the fee for entrance was announced, not a single person complained. With Snakes, any time we had an unsponsored run, Narsat ended up having the LS fund it, since several people would complain that they only had 765 gil and couldn't afford to pay 37k for Dynamis. It usually worked out well for the LS though, since on almost every LS-funded run we got a 100 piece, but the very idea that people don't even have 40k in their pockets at level 75 is a bit disturbing.

Saturday night, TheUltimates headed to Windurst. We had 34 people for the run, and it went quite smoothly and quickly. We had about 90 minutes left after defeating the Mega Boss to continue farming. I believe we ended up with 8 pieces of AF2 (3xTHF, PLD, 2xBLM, SMN, and NIN). I wasn't allowed to lot yet since it was only my second run with the group. Mayze was the only lotter and got his shiny new boots. Jarbit was the main tank again, and I was helping out with statues and slept mobs. I still don't feel comfortable with that role, since I don't feel like I'm doing enough or something.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoO had that run scheduled ahead of time, we follow the Calender...Venn likes to take zones from other LS..that is all.

February 16, 2007 10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home