Sunday, February 04, 2007

General: Blog Boredom

I feel like my blog's fallen into a dull routine: Dynamis blah blah blah, Limbus blah blah blah, CoP mission blah blah blah (but that's all done now). I feel like I'm not doing much besides that and trying to get all my exp scrolls every week to keep my buffer healthy. I'm still busy trying to get fishing skill, both on my short free evenings and while waiting for besieged attacks, and I've been trying to help get all of Grym's mules' inventory sold off, which consumes a good chunk of time.

A week ago, I was sort of hoping to get some real exp after I'd done my two cookbook quests (one pre-conquest tally, the second post-conquest tally) and my chocobo race for the week, but instead I got killed by Guivre helping Vawn get a Kuftal Coffer key, and then a bit later, fell to Hakutaku while helping on the last few clusters on a Snakes O-Hat run. They had enough people to start out with, but as the day wore on, people started leaving after they got their hats. Vawn, Latch, Yobun, and I headed to the Den of Rancor to help them out, and Akuma joined us as well. We ended up wiping on the very last run (more people left by then), which was sad for Krimsonfury, but he was pretty good natured about needing to replace his cluster. I got to see Goto, Lumikumi, and Itera get their silly pointy hats. I suppose I'll need one some day, but it's not high on my list of priorities.

After finishing with the Optical Hats, a bunch of us ClanBEB people headed to the Temple of Uglypeople to help Vawn with his DRG AF3 fight. Goto came along with us, and I gave him a ClanBEB pearl. Hopefully he'll like the LS and be an active member!

We got a Temple Coffer key when we killed the Temple Gaurdian on the way to the Den of Rancor, and Yobun and Vawn let me have it, so I'll have to go coffer hunting to finally get my map of the place. I tried yesterday, but I think the coffer was in the room that I needed both an Uggalepih Key and a Prelate Key to get into. I killed the Temple Guardian three or four times and was relieved to not have him Meltdown on me at full health.

A few weeks back, I got a random /tell while in Windurst late one night. The person was looking for a tank for Windurst Mission 9-2, and I love that fight, so I was happy to help. We ended up with a team of 6 level 75s, 5 of us already Rank 10 in Windurst. I think the other 4 helpers were in the same linkshell as the person who needed the fight. We had a WHM, BLM, MNK, RNG, PLD, and RDM I think. The MNK was the legendary Zoya, with her fully upgraded relic knuckles. The fight was over pretty quickly, and was fun as always.

On Friday, Thoron needed some help with Windurst Mission 8-1, which involves killing the Orc NM in Davoi. Turns out 3 of the 4 other people in his group were all members of TheUltimates (Reefermadness, Zune, and Darsonavin). It was fun helping them out!

We were hoping to fight Fenrir Friday night with our CoP static, with Thoron in for Splinte, who doesn't have a Moon Bauble yet. Elboron was having internet issues, so we asked the Bard who'd also be doing WM 8-1 to come with us. Grym, Itera and I slept for TP and opened with our old three step light skillchain with red lotus blade -> raging fists -> sharkbite, and took out a huge chunk of Fenrir's HP to start. Things were looking pretty promising, but I got killed by three fast hits (300 crit hit, and an 800 Eclipse Bite followed by a 600 Eclipse Bite). Of course everything had been dispelled, including my reraise, so I couldn't do anything but lie there. Fenrir used his two hour, and everyone lived. Thoron and then Itera used Hundred Fists, but they died too soon, and Fenrir killed the rest. We did get him down to just a sliver, but that's not good enough. We just tried the once, since we had no more sleeping potions, and no useful damage two hours. One day, we'll get him.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Can you do a post about your weekly XP scrolls and such?

I've been trying to find something that consolidates all that information into one post but I'm having trouble. Since this blog is the one that inspired me to figure out how Outpost Warping works and you always mention the XP scrolls, I figured it might be useful to others and maybe fun to write about!

I just recently hit 59 on my BLM and got Outpost: Beaucedine Glacier, which has helped me immensely :) Warp to Al Zahbi , pay to Windurst -> OP to Beau -> solo in Pso'xja => 3 levels in 5 days! +) But I know nothing about these XP scrolls.

Now that I'm 59 though I really need to get my AF started .... embarrassing walking around in Seer's gear still. But I have 100 int, so I don't feel *too* bad!

February 05, 2007 10:58 am  
Blogger tsakiki said...

Good idea! :-)

I find the FFXIclopedia is a really good place for information, but it's sometimes hard to find what you're looking for, if you don't approach it from the right angle. I'm glad to be an inspiration on one of my favorite ways to travel. I really love the OP warps.

Good luck on your BLM AF! I think BLMs complain about how they've got better things for most slots though, so maybe you shouldn't be too embarrassed to be in Seer's. My BLM is only 34 though, so I don't know what I'm talking about.

February 05, 2007 12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home