Sunday, February 11, 2007

Limbus: Temenos West

TheNewUltimates decided on trying Temenos West again on Thursday, hoping for the win. We had 9 people: Venn (DRG), Lucrezia (THF), Ranzz (BRD), Kojita (DRG), Sarntur (BLM), Neborin (BLM), Thunderbolt (RDM), Meshe (WHM), and Tsakiki (PLD). We got a slightly late start because Ranzz and Sarntur both disconnected a couple of times, so we won't be able to pick up our Cosmo-Cleanse on Sunday until 9:15. Since Limbus is pretty short, that's not so bad.

Temenos West has "enhanced" beast on each of 7 floors, with no bosses. The chest drops are random - you could get one each of Time, Restore, and Items, but you might only get 2. The mobs on the floors are tigers, mandragoras, beetles, slimes, lizards, pugils, and birds. We skipped one of the mandragoras and two of the lizards, but cleared out the others on the first six floors. We got a bit unlucky on the Time chests and hit the top floor with about 5 minutes left to kill 6 birds, and we didn't quite manage it. I think we got 3 of the 6 birds dead, and we would have lost Ranzz if we didn't time-out when we did. However, it was a good run, and we got a total of 52 coins, which meant most of us got 6. If we keep that up, I'll have my Boxer's Mantle sooner than I thought!

I think the slime level slowed us down a bit, since they take awhile to kill. I also had a hard time holding hate off of the BLMs with the slimes. Sarntur and Neborin both died on the run, and we had several close calls with them as well. I find it so hard to use cover in Limbus, since we try to keep the fight away from the mages, so when they pull hate, I have to go running after the mob, trying to get its attention and then try to get between it and the squishy mage to use cover. There were also a few spots during the run when we had one or two links. I always have a tougher time with hate when I've got to spread my hate tools over two or three mobs. If I can go all out on one mob, with the help of Lucrezia's TA+WSs, the BLMs can hit the mobs for 1700+ damage without it blinking at them. That's not the case if I have to provoke one, flash another, shield bash a third. But it sure is fun trying. :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home