Saturday, January 13, 2007

Besieged: Lakshmi's Record Continues

As of January 11th, Lakshmi and Siren are still undefeated in Besieged. We thought all the changes they've been making to Besieged were finally going to cause us to lose, but that hasn't been the case yet. I'm continuing to participate when I'm able, and it's nice now that you can get limit points if you're in limit mode. That helps feed into my plan to cap my exp and only do limits when my buffer is full. I may end up deciding I need some specific merit abilities though and change that plan.

I also like getting 1000-1080 Imperial Standing Points from each Besieged, giving me a bit of a surplus and allowing me to feel like I can "afford" the pay warp Taru in Whitegate. It's most convenient now for me to keep my homepoint in Whitegate, and pay a silver piece to the Taru to get to Windurst instantly. Since he drops you off right at the Outpost Teleport NPC, it's handy to get anywhere quite quickly.

I still mostly attend Besieged as PLD/RDM, wearing all my accuracy gear, my Opo-opo Crown, wielding my Kinkobo, and eating pamamas (which gives me 50 hp and mp and makes the stats on my staff very nice). I've gotten my staff skill up to 265 doing this (mostly), and only have 4 more levels to go to cap it. Now that I have Retribution, I like to find Qutrubs to fight during Undead Besiegeds. It's pretty fun to smack them for over 800 points of damage. I also finally managed to cap my Healing Magic in one besieged about a month ago - healing a skeleton. I still can't believe it took me 7 months to cap healing magic since I hit 75, since I seem to do nothing but heal so much of the time.

I'm not sure what I'll do once I've capped staff in Besieged. My Greatsword skill is so low (170-ish) that I probably will have troubles even hitting the mobs. I'll probably just go back to sword/shield instead of using it as an opportunity for skillups, though it is quite handy having Spirit Taker from staff.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home