Sunday, January 14, 2007

Dynamis: Bastok Times Two and Jeuno

Last Saturday, Snakes headed to Dynamis-Bastok again, hoping for the flag, but we didn't do so well. The trouble started when we wiped at the trap just west of the Auction House, and some people were too close to the mobs when we started reraising, so we wiped again, and at that point gave up the day as lost. We farmed some more, but didn't get any AF2 drops??

On Tuesday night, something I never thought I'd see again happened. We teamed up with DynamisSoldiers for another run for the Bastok flag. We had planned to go to Bastok again to make up for our failure on Saturday, but Soldiers also wanted to do Bastok, partly because a BLM who used to be in Snakes but is now in Soldiers needed the flag. At first they asked us to just take her with us, but ended up saying we'd team up for the run, with our sponsor paying for the hourglass and getting all the currency, while only our LS would be allowed to lot on AF2. There may have been an understanding that after we got the flag, anyone who stayed to farm would be allowed to lot, but I'm not certain about that.

Everyone in Snakes was given DynamisSoldiers pearls for the run, but we kept our alliance as Snakes-only, and we did things "our way", with PLD tanks, but Miracles, the DS leader, instructed his puller for the pulls, which was a bit confusing. I was main tank, but some times the guy in their LS that is usually main tank would jump in and start fighting a different mob than the one I had selected. I also liked the time there was a mass pull and Miracles didn't mention there would be an NM in the group that I should grab until after I had already picked one of the normal mobs. Lumikumi quickly grabbed the NM and tanked it while we killed the normal mob first. The lag was horrendous as well, since we had over 60 people in the zone for the run.

There was much bickering back and forth between the linkshells throughout the run, which made it quite unpleasant. However, we got all the triggers killed, and they made a relatively clean pull on the mega boss, and we all got our flag. Then the drama dial was turned up to 11. Tempers flared, and Narsat decided we didn't want any Soldiers staying to farm, so they started dropping their hourglasses and left the battlefield. The BLM who had been in Snakes stayed, and for some reason really has a grudge against us, and had been one of the worst in terms of insulting Narsat and the rest of us. We decided to start pulling mobs to farm anyway, and we got some links, which were quickly put to sleep. Suddenly, the turn coat BLM started casting Dia on all of the slept mobs, effectively MPKing our team. I understand the name calling and back biting on some level, but to purposely cause other people to lose EXP is just so lame. Miracles hadn't left the area yet and there was some talk back and forth, but as we were recovering from the wipe, my ISP failed (was out for 20 hours), and I missed the end of the run. I heard they did OK after that, and ended up with two more pieces of AF2 (for a total of 5 pieces on the run).

We tried for the flag in Jeuno again yesterday, and had a really good run currency and relic-wise (NIN, BLM, MNK, RNG, and RDM all dropped), but a massive train ended up jumping me when I was pulling the mega-boss off of Narsat's suicide pull, taking him back to the palace. I'm not really sure where they came from, since when I looked back just before getting to the bridge at the palace, I saw just the Goblin Golem chasing me. Anyway, I don't think I've ever seen so many mobs in one place. It was pretty impressive.

I'm finally flagged for Dynamis-Beaucedine, but we will have to beat the four cities again to get more flags for more members before we can head to the Northlands.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home