Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Chocobos: Yes, of Course We're Raising Chicks

Grymalkyn and Kiki both did the quest Chocobo on the Loose and got a chocobo egg from Brutus as their reward. We entrusted our eggs to the care of the Vana'diel Chocobo Society trainer in Windurst, and several days later, our chicks hatched. We both got females, and ended up naming them RagingTerror and FuryWing. They've been doing relatively well, and should soon reach adolescence (probably tomorrow). We visit them daily, take them for walks if they're not asleep, and have been feeding them a variety of food. Quincy and Qimirpik have been planting wildgrass seeds and have gotten a bunch of different greens and grasses. Qiara had made some vegetable pastes for our chicks, but we've mostly been feeding them the whole grasses. They seem especially fond of Azouph Greens.

One day when I checked in on FuryWing, she had a "sensitive" personality, saying she'd be good around people. However, she was back to having no personality the next day, and has remained that way ever since.

Overall, I'm finding the process of raising a chocobo to be a bit tedious, since we have to visit it in Windurst every day, and we already had inventory issues, which are just made worse by keeping a lot of chocobo feed around. It's also a bit dull, since not much happens day to day, and once you've seen the cutscenes for "walking in town" and meeting the trainer while on a "short walk", there's really not a lot going on. They will reach adolescence in a day or two, and that will add some more care options, but I don't see that I'd want to turn into a full-time Chocobo breeder, in search of the perfect chick.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have the same issues with AzureTrooper, my bird. I've gotten to the point that I stuff him full and then don't visit for a day or two, it's just been that tedious for me. I must say that the Taru in Whitegate you pay a silve rto for the warp has been a big help, since he'll warp me to my nation of allegience too. It's expensive, but it's been handy.

September 13, 2006 10:57 am  
Blogger tsakiki said...

We've mostly be using the Teleport-Mea -> Kolshushu OP to Windy route, which isn't too bad really, but it does take some time. We also have those Federation Collars that will teleport you right to the Stables that we could use if we really wanted to save some time.

Since we're not leveling in ToAU areas for now, I'm stingy with my ISP, and don't like using the Taru in Whitegate unless forced to.

September 13, 2006 12:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home