Friday, August 04, 2006

Leveling: More Baby Jobs

Grymalkyn and I decided to try to level Grym's Corsair and my White Mage a bit this week. We subbed Puppetmaster as we intended, and Grym picked up some new attachments in Nashmau when he went to get some Corsair Dice. So our automatons now have "extra MP" (I think it was 1 more MP), and the ability to refresh themselves when we use Dark Manuoever.

We started out as level 4s in North Gustaberg. After a mishap where we ended up attacking separate (tough) mobs, we headed out to South Gustaberg after we got back to Bastok. Keeping our homepoints in Whitegate does slow things down a little bit in our low level misadventures, but it's not so bad. Over the course of two evenings, we made it to level 8, venturing into Dangruff Wadi after we'd hit 7.

We headed to Windurst on Thursday evening after besieged, and made our way over to Giddeus and got ourselves to level 9.

After duoing BLU and then PUP through the baby levels and feeling they were a bit overpowered, let me be the first to say that a Corsair-White Mage duo is not overpowered. It's kind of sad when a half-level Automaton is pulling hate off of us. And even my White Mage, bonking monsters with a high delay hammer, usually has more hate than Grymalkyn's Corsair. I'm hoping that her damage improves when she can start using guns.

It's handy having our puppets helping us out, though I'm not sure they'll continue to be useful much longer. They're getting pretty weak relative to us, and when they don't have stoneskin up, they're getting hit pretty hard by the monsters that are Even Match or Tough for us. But the extra melee damage and their use of Dia help us kill the mobs faster.

It's nice to have poisona now, since the lizards and the Quadavs and Goblin spellcasters like to poison us, and protectra's always handy. I'm pretty sure I want to take WHM to 37 to use as a subjob, which means I'm going to have to get my hands on teleport scrolls to replace the ones I quested and sold a long long time ago. I'll have to see if our mules can pick up some of the quests and get them for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home