Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Quests: Luck of the Draw (Corsair Flag quest)

Grymalkyn and I finally got around to finishing the Corsair Flag quest on Saturday. I'm pretty sure we picked it up our first day in Whitegate the week the expansion came out, but it didn't seem too critical for us to finish it quickly.

We had an uneventful ferry ride to Nashmau, and headed out the western gate in Caedarva Mire, an area we'd never been in before. I was RDM60/BLM30, while Grym was THF/WHM37. We decided to try a "short cut" by going this way. We headed through the graveyard into Talacca Cove (passing one imp right at the zone), then through Talacca Cove and out to Arrapago Reef. There, I cast Escape on us, which dumped us in Caedarva Mire, right near the zone into Arrapago Reef, but in the middle of some skeletons and a Lamia. We quickly zoned, waited for them to despawn, then headed back to the Mire for Grym to pick up her "free" Lamia Fang Key.

Back into Arrapago Reef, we made our way to the boat with the ??? spot for the quest. There was another person traveling through the gate we needed the fang key for, and since he opened it, we didn't need to, and Grym has a spare key for some other occassion (just what he needs, another rare/ex item taking up space). We found the spot without incident, and the sight aggroing Lamia was at the opposite end of the boat, so we dropped our Invisible and got our cutscene.

When I came out of the cutscene, the Lamia was right on top of me, and was pretty angry to find me on her boat. I ran to a safe spot for her to kill me, and Grym stayed in his cutscene until the Lamia despawned. Then he raised me and we waited for my weakness to wear before walking back to Nashmau.

We headed back out the western gate again to Talacca cove for a couple more cutscenes, and the quest was complete. We could now become Corsairs! Grym's currently planning to level it as a subjob option for our BSTs, since a couple of the rolls can enhance pet attack and accuracy, which could be interesting. Since I feel like I really should have WHM to 37, though I'm not really sure why, I'll level my WHM along with his COR. He got his COR up to 4 (my WHM's level) on Sunday, subbing PUP for an extra melee buddy, and that worked so well for him that we're considering leveling PUP a bit so we can duo as COR/PUP and WHM/PUP and have our no-exp-penalty Automatons helping us out. What was very interesting is that the Automaton was getting magic and melee skillups, which seems inconsistent with the normal subjob mechanics.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

August 11, 2006 6:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

August 16, 2006 1:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Internet advertising ely http://www.specialcoloredcontactlens.info Appetite suppressants healthy for vegetarians Buy ionamin 00bf096a5f81510696b5552ed9ab5a5c Michael star maternity clothes Prix lamborghini dry skin care Newest laptops 2002 chrysler prowler buy didrex prescriptions

March 03, 2007 6:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home