Thursday, June 01, 2006

Crafting: Have Pickaxe, Will Travel

I had been thinking of synthing Gelatin from Chicken Bones to get from level 10 Bonecraft to level 11, so I headed to Tahrongi Canyon on Sunday, with plenty of room in my gobbiebag and three stacks of pickaxes. Qeebler sent me our set of Field Gear, which supposedly helps with HELM activities, but I have yet to be convinced of that. :-)

Grymalkyn came to join me after awhile (he'd been fishing in Qufim), to provide extra pocket space as well as teleports back to the crag as I ran around to the various excavation points in the Canyon. I ended up with a good selection of stuff to use for bonework, or to sell to help fund purchases of other materials for bonework. I had enough bone chips to make 2 stacks of bone arrows, and managed to hit level 10 on them, which is the level the arrows cap at.

However, I'm now having second thoughts about using the Chicken Bones to make gelatin. The bones themselves sell for quite a bit on the auction house, but what would be even more lucrative is to have Qiara make Turtle Soup using the chicken bones. That could provide a good chunk of change to fund less profitable phases of leveling bonecraft.

My current plan is to get Goldsmithing to level 10, and synth Cornettes for selling in Windurst. Those should be profitable, especially if I'm making my own brass ingots for them. I think cornettes cap at 14 for both bonecraft and goldsmithing, so I can be leveling two skills at the same time. I started out last night at the Goldsmith Guild stall in Al Zahbi, and got my skill to 3.3 on copper ingots and copper rings (which I would try to desynth back into ingots, getting an unusually high number of HQ2s while I was at it).

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul Bauman said...

In my experience, field gear simply reduces the amount of breakage. My stacks of sickles/pickaxes seem to last a bit longer with the field gear equipped.

And, in superstitious, 'I heard it from so&so' fashion, I wear the gear exclusively, without equipping anything else.

If I get the itch to farm while I HELM, I use a macro to swap in a weapon and /attack, and my harvest/mine macro includes an unequip line to make sure I'm only wearing the Field gear.

But I think the difference is really quite marginal.

June 01, 2006 4:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

July 21, 2006 11:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.kitchenaidpartssupplier.info/Coffee-maker-from-west-bend.html adult backpacks adderall and cymbalta Crash cd2 fico part52 take home learning activity backpacks for first grade http://www.braidedarearugs.info/Sandiegolocalprinter.html green backpacks http://www.spamfilter4.info/backpacks.html what are the inner workings of a flower http://www.baseball0.info/bontril-diet-pills-how-do-they-workside-effects.html Rider leather motorcycle jackets

February 06, 2007 8:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tsakiki.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

February 16, 2010 10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home