Friday, May 09, 2008

Up in Arms

Vawn and Yobun have both been sitting on stacks and stacks of Beastmen Seals with all the leveling they'd done for their Maat's cap, and Vawn decided he'd try to get a Kraken Club from the level 60 BCNM Up in Arms. He did a few with various people, and since I had quite a few seals myself, I joined him and Yobun for a total of 27 runs so far (9 orbs from each of us). For this BC, you have 15 minutes to kill Fe'e, a Kraken.

We used a burn strategy, with both Vawn and Yobun as BLM60/WHM30, while I dusted off my RDM gear and went as RDM60/BLM30. I even updated my gear a bit, since I never did get any level 60 gear, since I stopped leveling it at 60 over 2 years ago. I added an Enlightened Chain for more INT than my Black Neckerchief, and a Bugard Strap +1, for a point of INT and MND while using staves. It was still weird seeing Kiki dressed up as a RDM, with her pimp hat. I suppose I'll never get used to that.

They would start the fight with one of their AM spells, then rest for mp and cycle through the elements, while I would sleep Fe'e, and try to keep it bound and gravitied, and keep everyone Refreshed. It was really pretty easy, though we did have a bit of trouble on one of the fights and Vawn actually got killed. We recovered well though and still won.

We didn't get any Kraken Clubs (and Vawn was on 51 runs total and never saw one drop), but the treasure boxes always yielded stuff that was worth at least 50k gil, selling to NPCs, so it wasn't a bad way to use up a bunch of seals, though a Kraken Club sure would have been nice. If I had won one, I'd probably have used it to cap my club skill, then try to sell it and put the gil towards my Aegis pipe-dream.

I still have enough for 3 more orbs, but I'm not sure if we will be doing more runs soon or not, since Vawn's used up all of his seals at this point.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home