Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Scolded

I'd been spending too much time working on my club skill over the past few weeks and not enough time participating in Campaign battles, and was in danger of losing my Holyknight Emblem. I managed to do enough Campaign battles last week to retain it though, and got it renewed for another 30 days.

I sure didn't like being scolded though. I don't like being a disappointment!

I'm trying to maintain my medal so I can be ready to rank up as soon as they add more ranks, which will hopefully be in June, with the next version update. I'm really hoping they add more Iron Ram gear to go with the Sallet and Dastanas I got with the last update, and it would be fun to get it as soon as it was available, if possible.

There's some talk on the internet about the possible stats on the body armor, based on people supposedly finding a DAT file for it. I'd talked about the gear in general when the hands/head pieces came out with Draden and Lumikumi, and based on the stats compared to the Valor set, we speculated that the Iron Ram body piece would probably have a bit more HP and Enmity than Valor, with a Magic Damage Bonus, but that just seemed too good, since it would be a better full-time piece than the Valor Surcoat, which is really pretty hard for most PLDs to acquire.

However, the scavenged stats do indeed seem to bear that out, though the "bit more HP" is actually more than double - the rumour is that it will have +50HP compared to the +23HP on the Valor. I still can't believe that they'd basically give this away. It's just too good. Time will tell though, and I want to be ready to get it when it's there.

Yes, I understand that amassing Allied Notes and gaining ranks in Campaign does require a lot of time and Campaign participation, but it's so easy to do all by yourself, and what with the popularity of Campaign with PLDs, there are undoubtedly many in the same position I am (top medal with lots of Allied Notes available). Plus that's all just a side benefit of the real reason I participate in Campaign - to save the world and regain lost exp and build up merit points! To get relic gear, you're paying money for your share of the hourglass, dying countless times over the months and months required to get your relics, losing exp in the process, and no benefit besides the gear for yourself and others. Not to mention there's no guarantee that your relic will drop, or that you will win it if it does. Buying better gear with Allied Notes that I get while saving the world and gaining exp just seems so easy!

If the stats on this do prove to be true, my cherished Valor Surcoat will become merely a piece to macro in for Cover. That makes me a bit sad, but I think I'll get over it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lugh said...

Your Valor Surcoat should become the piece you macro in to look sexy! Am I the only one that thinks PLD relic is the sexiest looking relic of them all? >.>

May 07, 2008 12:30 pm  
Blogger tsakiki said...

Lugh, sexy? Kiki? Really now... :-)

Yes, it is a fine looking piece of armor, but I think of it as elegant.

May 08, 2008 7:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home