Monday, May 05, 2008

"Who's Your Mommy!"

Has it really been a month since my last entry? Oh dear...

TheNewUltimates celebrated their second victory over Proto-Ultima a week ago Sunday. We went with the same mage-heavy set up:

PLD/NIN PLD/NIN NIN/DRK RDM/DRK BRD/WHM WHM/BLM
BLM/RDM BLM/RDM BLM/RDM RDM/DRK BRD/WHM SAM/RNG
SMN/WHM SMN/WHM COR/WHM RDM/DRK RDM/DRK WHM/BLM

I talked Ryken into coming as the other PLD/NIN, since he needs to use his Homam pants and boots more often. It's such a fun fight, probably my favorite in the game (especially when we win), so it wasn't too hard to convince him. He seemed a bit hesitant at first, but it could well get him to fall back in love with his PLD.

The fight went really smoothly, though we did have a handful of deaths through out the final 20%. All of the Dissipations were stunned, which saved us so much grief. Ryken's massive Galka HP kept him alive through two Citadel Busters, but he resisted less on his third one, and did end up dying. I was hit by one or two myself, but it wasn't my HP that saved me - it was my gear. I didn't die the entire fight, which surprised me a bit.

The sad part of the win is that Lucrezia has now left TNU. Several months ago, he expressed his need to free up some of his time, but promised to stay until we'd beated Ultima twice. I'll really miss having him there, but we'll soldier on.

We got three drops - two for the turban and one for the manteel. Meshe and Morgoth were still under our veteran clause and each took a turban, and Fliggity was first in line for the manteel, being the only person with the top job priority for the piece (BLM or WHM). It's so nice to have a few more pieces of Nashira in the shell! Hopefully we'll beat it every time from now on, since we seem to have got a strategy that works for us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home