Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Seeing Ghosts from the Past

Two weeks ago, on a Tuesday evening, my only free evening of the week, I got myself ready to head off to the Boyahda Tree to work on club skillups. I was in Whitegate, having gone to bed there after our Nyzul runs the previous evening, and I popped out of the moghouse to drop stuff off at the Delivery service and Auction House before warping to Windurst. Suddenly I see "Elboron waves to Tsakiki." O.o! o.O! Elboron! He really came back!

It'd been over 14 months since he last played, quitting after we completed CoP, just like Grymalkyn and Wendell. He'd been talking about coming back from time to time, but I'd given up on ever seeing him again. But he proved me wrong. He'd installed the Wings of the Goddess expansion, so I spent the next few hours running around in the past with him. I hope he didn't feel too rushed as I dragged him all over the place and got him to enlist with the Cobra Unit Mercenaries in Windurst.

It was a lot of fun, especially fighting the NM Coeurl in Fort Karugo-Narugo. I'd gone as PLD/DNC and with his BRD/WHM we had no troubles beating the cat that slaughters so many hapless solo players.

However, I'm starting to think I imagined this all. I haven't seen him back in-game since then...

Since my schedule is so filled with my various group events, I don't have a lot of time to do stuff with him, and I'm not sure if he's either interested in joining any of the activities I do, or if his schedule is regular enough to do so even if he was interested. But it's great to see him playing again.

There seems to be a sudden influx of returning people, as Splinte, Omnius, and Muirnin all have started playing again in the past few days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kiki,

I know I haven't been on lately, I've been playing a lot of GTA4 lately. But I'll probably see you in FFXI this weekend.

Elbo

May 08, 2008 9:56 pm  
Blogger tsakiki said...

The day GTA4 came out, we guessed you'd be playing, and sure enough, we spotted you on PSN. Hope you've been having fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon!

May 08, 2008 10:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home