Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dynamis: Update-type Thingy

I'm a bit behind on Dynamis entries (part of the Blog Boredom I mentioned awhile back), so here's an update type of post.

February 24th, we had our first San d'Oria run since I joined TheUltimates. No one needed the flag, so it was just a farming run, and I got to see more of Dynamis-San d'Oria than I had with Snakes - we headed past the east gate and through the streets and ended up in one of the courtyard off in the northwest part of town. Lumikumi was main tank, with me as the backup. We didn't get any AF2 to drop until we were past the east gate, but then it started raining pants. We ended up with 4 pairs of MNK shorts, 2 pairs of RNG shorts, and 1 pair of NIN whatevers. The Monks were all pretty happy - I believe this was the first time TheUltimates had ever had the Melee Hose drop.

February 28th, we had a farming run in Beaucedine Glacier. I was main tank, with Mayze as backup. I seemed to die a lot more than normal, usually from an Eagle Eye Shot from one of the RNG mobs. Someone commented that maybe I needed more +HP gear, but since I'd lose enmity in each slot that I'd equip more HP, I don't think that's really the answer. It's more of a case of "keep the tank's HP over 1000 until the RNG uses EES". My standard dynamis tanking HP is 1308 with a taco and a high breath mantle. I can get another 187 HP from my gear, but at the expense of 15 Enmity and 15 Shield Skill less than my standard gear. We got more AF2 than we'd expect from a Northlands run: MNK, WHM, and BST. Rassitier was the lucky MNK, Reefermadness the lucky WHM, and I was the only one lotting on the Monster Gaiters when it dropped to "BST50+ may lot". I've put it on one of my mannequins along with my Monster Jackcoat.

On March 3rd, we made a flag run in Windurst for Fiftycent. We had a smaller crew than usual, with around 30 people at the start. I was the only "normal" PLD to show up at first, so Thom came as PLD too. Leroi eventually popped in, but could only stay for about an hour. I was main tank, with Leroi, then Thom as backup. Goto vowed to keep Kiki alive on this run, and it worked really well until I screwed up the fourth trigger pull. Thom and I ended up dead, and people had to fight a few linked Yagudos that they shouldn't have had to fight. It turned out OK, and we killed the mega boss without too much trouble. The drops were bad, with little currency, and just WHM (Albany) and RNG (Fiftycent) dropping. A lot of people left after the mega boss was down, and our farming didn't go terribly well afterwards.

Over March and April we're going to be focusing mostly on Northlands and CoP dynamis areas, so it should be pretty fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home