Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dynamis: Bastok and Beaucedine

On Wednesday last week, TheUltimates headed to Bastok for a flag/farming run. It was the first run for both Itera and Lumikumi, and it was nice to have them back in the same Dynamis group with me, though I do feel bad for Snakes having lost them. We had a really good run, with nearly unbelievable drops: 4 100s, and 10 or 11 pieces of AF2. Mayze finally got his Gallant Coronet, and Corbun got his RDM gloves, as a sub-lotting level 69. I was the main tank for this run, and I died way more than I should have. We didn't have a refresher in the tank party until we were ready to pull the mega boss I think, and that made it hard for people to help keep little Kiki alive. Some of the monk mobs are no problem, with Phalanx II and Sentinel and lots and lots of shield blocks, but when you get more than one in a row, it makes it a bit tougher to survive without several people helping out with the cures. I felt like a yo-yo at times. I'd get killed, I'd rest until unweakened, jump back into the fray and get killed again on the first mob. /sigh

All of our sac pulls were extremely clean, and we had tons of time to farm after the Mega Boss. We mopped up the slums and the Gustaberg zone, fighting up until our hourglasses expired.

On Saturday, we headed back to Beaucedine again. Since we're planning on facing the Dynamis Lord in Xarcabard tomorrow night, and our two Bards (Ranzz and Habanero) needed the flag from Beaucedine, we did another flag run. Mayze was the main tank, with Leroi on backup. I'm getting more used to crowd control, but it ended up getting me killed a couple times when I had to keep an NM's attention while the group fought something else. They seem to resist sleep more than the regular mobs.

Our only relic for the evening was Valor Breeches. Easykill won the lot, and is now 5/5 on his Valor set (not counting the cape). I'm not sure if he's going to switch his main lot to MNK, or if he'll leave it on PLD for the cape, but at least he has the opportunity now to switch. TheUltimates requires you to get five of the pre-CoP AF2 pieces on your main lot before being allowed to switch.

We wiped on the Orc NM canyon, and since that cut into our time, we didn't finish the Orcs off and instead made our way up to Fei'Yin for the Boss fight. We had a lot of people getting hit with Death during the fight, but it went well, and we have two more members ready for Xarcabard!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home