Friday, March 30, 2007

Dynamis: The Northlands

Since I've fallen behind on my posting, here's another update-type entry for Dynamis. After our St. Patrick's Day failure in Dynamis-Beaucedine, we headed back again the following Wednesday. There was another shell that doesn't use the Rusty Buckets calendar that was hoping to get the zone before us (and this LS is notorious for "stealing" zones from others), but we got everyone there early, so we would be ready to go in as soon as WeMeleeStatues finished up their run. We worked with WMS to know exactly when they were exiting, and Venn was able to trade the Timeless Hourglass before the other LS's leader. Hurray! Many thanks to Ayvaen and Akuma and Verence for their cooperation. This run went much better than the previous one, and we even got WHM and RDM relic, as well as 2 100s. We had a fairly uneventful run to Fei'Yin, made a clean pull on the Mega Boss, and won the flag for 6 more members of TheUltimates.

I'm pretty sure I was main tank for this run, but I can't really remember. We've since switched to having the would-be main tanks all /random at the start of the run, with the top lotter being the main tank and the second lotter being back-up. I think it makes for a strong tanking force to have us all sharing main tanking duties, rather than designating a single person. Plus it splits up the responsibility and keeps one person from getting burnt out, or worse, not being there one night and having no one else used to it.

On Saturday evening, we headed back to Dynamis-Xarcabard, for our re-match with the Dynamis Lord. Leroi won main tanking duties, while I was on backup. We had a really good run, with no wipes, and no mass links like we had my first time there. We even got RNG, SAM, and NIN relic drops, but of course we ended up with controversy over the lotting, which has caused a great deal of turmoil in the LS this week.

Since it was pretty much the same sort of drama as our last run in Xarcabard, Venn is trying to come up with a way so long-time members don't feel cheated out of "their" relic. No one seems to want a points system, but the original rules don't seem to work either. As much as people espouse the notion of being one big happy family and being glad the LS got the drops even if they don't get it themselves, when it comes right down to losing the lot on something you want, emotions take over. This stress is on the verge of tearing apart the linkshell, with some people threatening to leave if we switch to points, and other threatening to leave if we don't. Right now the idea of a "dream item list", stolen from the LegacyOfOld linkshell seems to be popular, but I don't think that will please everyone either.

The Dynamis Lord himself spanked us again. We had him down to about 25%, but Oblivion Smash smashed us into oblivion, and it was all over. With my new Bomb Queen Ring, I ended up with 1675 HP for my initial Spirits Within on the Dynamis Lord. That was kind of fun, but I need to work on a macro palette to use just for the DL fight. The one I made on Saturday just isn't doing it for me yet.

This Wednesday (March 28th), we had a very fun farming run in Dynamis-Beaucedine. We got further into the Hydra Corps than we had on previous farming runs, and even got 4 relic pieces to drop: WHM for Meshe, BLM for Luiss, THF for Lucrezia, and DRG for Kojita. That completed Kojita's relic set, so he was pretty happy. Actually, I think everyone was pretty excited about the drops. We also got one 100 piece for the Treasury. Daden won the /random for main tank, with Lumikumi I think on backup, so I tried my best to keep statues and slept mobs pre-occupied with me rather than smacking on the pullers or the sleepers.

It's off to Dynamis-Buburimu on Saturday, and I've very excited to see what that's like!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home