Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Dynamis: Close in Bastok, Flag in Jeuno

Last Tuesday, we tried for the flag in Bastok, and very nearly made it. However, our sacrifice pull on the Mega Boss went wrong, and there wasn't time to recover and try again. We did however have a terrific run dropwise. Loads of currency for our sponsor Youssarian, 3 Monster Jackcoats, 2 Wyrm Brais, Saotome Kote, Bard's Cuffs, and Duelist's Gloves. I won the lot for the third Monster Jackcoat, bidding against the only other person with BST sublot who didn't have one already. I asked him 4 times what level his BST was, since it wasn't in his lotting comment, since I didn't want to take it if he was closer to the level for it than me, but he didn't answer, so I lotted and won. One of my mannequins will be wearing it in the meantime.

Saturday morning, I was fishing in Lufaise Meadows until it was time to head to Jeuno. I had a nice conversation with a SAM75 named Balrog, and he ended up coming to Dynamis-Jeuno with us. I'm not sure whether he'll stick with the shell, but at least he got the flag with us. Our sacrifice pull on the boss went poorly, so both Narsat and I were in spots impossible for anyone to come and rescue us. I believe Naruuto and Meta managed to pull the boss down to the moghouse, and everyone was able to kill it. Then all the mobs respawned, and slaughtered everyone before they could get to the ??? for the key item. I ended up home-pointing to Windurst, and used my Ducal Ring to get back to Jeuno quickly, and reentered. We tried to get as many people raises as we could, and then Narsat and Youssarian took turns pulling all the mobs away from the ??? so people could quickly get up and get their key item. It was pretty messy, but we got it done. Drops were pretty bad though, with just Warrior's Mufflers and Saotome Sune-ate dropping. Lots of relic weapons though.

Our main tank Takoom has been conspicuously absent since the Dynamis run where he mentioned that he was getting a PS3 the next day. I've been getting more comfortable with the role of main tank, but I do find it a pretty stressful. I have to be completely on my toes for the entire run, unless I'm recovering from a death. It would be so much easier to simply have a "/assist
/wait 1 /attack" macro like the regular melee members! I think the puller and the sleepers/nukers have it worse than the tanks, but there's not room for inattention either.

With all my deaths last week, my exp buffer dropped from a healthy 20k to a low 7k, so when Narsat started putting together an exp party after our Jeuno run, I joined in. We ended up with Narsat (RDM/NIN), Mochimochi (BRD/WHM), Goto (WHM/BLM), me (PLD/WAR), and picked up a MNK/NIN and a WAR/NIN. First we headed to the Mire and ran around killing flies and a few imps, but it was so crowded, we decided to head to the Qutrub camp at the Dvucca Isle Staging Point. Unfortunately Mochimochi didn't have that one, so we headed to the Mamool Ja Staging point, and fought puks and Mamools. We lost Goto to a disconnect, and replaced him with Ayumii's NIN/WAR and Narsat changed to RDM/WHM. Then the WAR/NIN left, and we got another one. I hadn't really eaten lunch or supper, and was starting to feel a bit sick, so I only stayed long enough to get about 14k exp. I was happy to get my buffer back up over 20k, but I fear it won't last long.

New title: Dynamis-Jeuno Interloper

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home