Thursday, August 24, 2006

Quests: Walahra Turban

Well, I'm not sure this counts as a quest really, but an Al Zahbi NPC named Gajaad has been trying to get people to sign a petition and to donate imperial currency to help rebuild Al Zahbi. For every 100 Imperial Bronze Pieces you donate, he will give you a (non-stackable) vial of Walahra Water, which gives you an instant 50hp/50mp, which are handy for some of our mission fights. After donating 1,000 Bronze, he rewards you with a Walahra Turban, which can be worn by all jobs at level 75, and gives HP +30, MP +30 and Haste +5%.

After spending all my ISP on maps, Runic Portal fees, Refresh with Sanction, and coins for Mog Locker expansions, I finally had enough to feel comfortable buying the 1,000 coins to give to Gajaad. I had donated 100 on two different occassion, figuring I'd do it piecemeal. Then last Saturday I saw there was only one prisoner and I took a chance that it wasn't Chochoroon the Qiqirn appraiser. If he's being held prisoner, Gajaad will not take any donations. I bought 200 coins, 5 at time, from the currency vendor, then decided to check if Gajaad would actually take them. Sadly, Chochoroon wasn't around.

Sunday afternoon, I ran past Chochoroon's stall, and there he was! I ran over to Whitegate and spent the next 40 minutes getting my last 600 coins, 5 at a time. A lot of people will get gold coins and take them to Nashmau to convert to mythril, then those to silver, then those to bronze, but I figured it ended up being about the same amount of time, what with the ferry ride and all.

I hurried off to Gajaad, gave him the coins 100 at a time to get my full supply of Walahra Water, and finally got my fancy turban. I feel like I was one of the last 6 level 75 on the server to not have one, but it is a very handy headpiece to have. The extra HP and MP and the little bit of haste certainly don't hurt. It's already become my general purpose headgear for my Paladin. Grymalkyn's getting close to being able to get one as well. Since he hasn't been in any exp parties since I hit 75, he hasn't accumulated as much ISP as I have, and has been relying mostly on Besieged for his points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home