Saturday, June 24, 2006

Quests: No Strings Attached (Puppetmaster flag)

When the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion was release, and Elvaan named Shmarhaan showed up in Bastok Markets, with an automaton. Everyone marvelled over it, and the Elvaan said we should talk to Iruki-Waraki in Aht Urghan Whitegate if we wished to learn the secrets of the puppetmasters, starting the quest No Strings Attached. Soon upon my first arrival in Whitegate, I found Iruki-Waraki and spoke with him. The Taru had lost his automaton and I went to the Automaton Workshop to see about getting a replacement for him.

Ghatsad, the Galka running the workshop, said that if I could find an old automaton (perhaps on a grounded boat in Arrapago Reef), he would see what he could do. I'd been through Arrapago Reef several times since then, but never had the opportunity to stop and look for an automaton, despite people mentioning "you can get your automaton on this boat" every time we went past.

Last weekend, Wendell, Grymalkyn and Kiki were finally able to search, and we each found an Ancient Automaton. We took them back to Ghatsad, and he said he'd get to work on it and asked us to come back later.

The next day I returned, and he presented me with the repaired automaton. I ran back to Iruki-Waraki to give it to him, but he refused, and said it was mine. He also gave me a controller for it, so I can give it commands. I named it Tsukushi. I'm not really sure when I'll get around to actually leveling the job, but at least it's there for me to do so. Grym and I still haven't unlocked Corsair, but I'm sure we'll get around to it eventually.

New title: Proud Automaton Owner

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Bauman said...

I did the same thing. Unlocked the non-Corsair jobs, but I'm not sure I'll ever level Puppetmaster... due to obvious time restrictions.

June 26, 2006 4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home