Monday, June 12, 2006

Leveling: Nearing the End (Caedarva Mire 74-75)

Last night, four members of the Low Level Static hit Level 75. Elboron and Kiki were the first, leveling on the same monster. Next came Itera, then Yobun. Grymalkyn's still 74, while Wendell's at 72. The rest of us will be switching to merits at some point (I'd like to have around 35K exp for a buffer) as we continue to static and get Wendell to 75.

The LLS started 14 months ago, at level 31. Only three of the members were in the original group (Kiki, Itera, and Yobun), and one of them switched roles at level 56 (Kiki had been RDM, but switched to her PLD), but we've managed to keep it together this whole time. Elboron and Grymalkyn joined the static at 56, though Grym had filled in as WHM for several levels in the low 40s.

People in the linkshell keep telling us the name needs to be changed, but I like the history with the name, and the fact that we've stuck together to 75.

We got our best ever exp/hour last night, ending up with a bit more than 17K in just under 2 and a half hours. We only had one rest break, after I'd gotten killed by a Jnun (we had two mobs on us at that point), and even then, an imp spawned on top of us. Rather than tank while weakened, I stood back and helped cure, so it wasn't really very much of a rest break. When we first got to the Mire, the area wasn't too full, and Yobun was able to pull the mobs very fast (imps, flies, and toads). Our exp slowed down a bit when a couple of roaming burn parties moved in and made it harder to find prey quickly. I'm not sure I could keep up that pace for hours on end, especially when Yobun would be pulling things while I was suffering from amnesia and my Flash timer still had a few seconds on it, but the exp points did rack up fast.

It's odd finally being 75, since it's been my goal from the time I created Kiki two years ago, yet I'm not really sure what to do now. It's not like we've suddenly become all-powerful beings. We're just a bit better than we were at 74, and we're still not capable of taking on a lot of challenges in the game without an alliance of competent players.

And now that I'm a PLD75, what do I do with it? I don't really believe I can handle the drama or time committment in a gods/HNM linkshell, though it would be really nice to have some of the gear I could potential get in one (but then too, what do I do with that really nice gear? hang out in Al Zahbi showing off?). I'd like to try Dynamis, if I could find a suitable shell, since there's story behind that, so at least I get some new game content.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tuufless said...

Level up NIN!

Burn parties with a DD PLD/NIN ftw!

(I'm serious about this, too!)

June 13, 2006 2:17 am  
Blogger tsakiki said...

It's on one of my lists of things to do!

June 13, 2006 8:11 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a good point. Once you hit 75, then what? I haven't even thought of that myself, I've just been trying to get there. That's definately somethign to think about. I know I want to put merits in my MP, Cure casting speed and Regen spells.

But even with that, what will I do then? I guess work on my other jobs while keeping my 75 White Mage in reserve for when someone needs it. I do enjoy travelling the world as a WHM, so getting more subjobs levelled will probably become my priority.

Congrats on 75 again!

June 14, 2006 9:53 am  
Blogger tsakiki said...

Thanks Wendell. We'll get you there soon too!

I think I'll be using my merits towards things that will help other jobs rather than PLD-specific ones, but I keep changing my mind too.

June 16, 2006 4:08 pm  
Blogger jasonbob said...

kyrie 6
kd shoes
adidas yeezy boost 350 v2
jordan shoes
lebron 18
yeezy shoes
lebron 15
yeezy
supreme clothing
hermes birkin

December 08, 2020 3:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home