Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Limbus: Limbus Update

I've fallen behind on my Limbus entries, but we've been going regularly every Thurday and Sunday evening, usually with 10 or more people each time. We've also been completing the levels, gathering more chips for future Proto-Omega and Proto-Ultima fights, and it's been a lot of fun.

We fought Proto-Omega several weeks ago, with 16 people in the alliance. We had both Thom and I as PLD/NIN and Daden as NIN/WAR for tanking. The fight was really a chaotic mess, and we were dying and reraising over and over. Hopefully we'll do better next time. I'm not positive that the /NIN really helped me all that much, as so much of Omega's attacks ignore shadows. It was so hard to get hate as PLD/NIN, especially with Flash timers so long while weakened.

Several weeks ago, Venn, Meshe, Itera and I tried to help Armageddon and Goto with CoP 6-4, the Omega/Ultima airship fight, in an effort to get them to Sea quickly. I went as RDM, and Army as PLD, with Venn as DRG, Meshe SMN, Itera MNK and Goto WHM. We tried three times, but just couldn't do it. Goto was able to do it later with a pickup party, and on Sunday he was still stuck on Mission 7-3: just 3 NMs and a Tenzen fight away from Sea.

So instead of just standing around in Jeuno waiting for our Cosmo-Cleanse to be available, the Limbus group took off on a whirlwind tour of Bibiki Bay, Carpenters Landing, and Misareaux Coast to kill the NMs for Goto. He headed to Bastok for a cutscene with Cid, while Ezekiel (SAM), Itera (MNK), Neborin (BLM), Daden (WAR), and I (PLD) grabbed Icarus Wings and waited for him in Sealion's Den. We made short work of Tenzen, and a very excited Goto got to Sea for the first time, where he apparently was promptly killed by a UFO. Then we gathered together in Port Jeuno for our Limbus run.

This Sunday's run was Apollyon NE, which is probably my least favorite of the zones. I ended up dying 4 or 5 times - the Goobbue, Greater Birds, and Giants just hit too hard and too fast. We still won though, getting 59 coins, even though we skipped the pots and some of the Opo-Opos. We also didn't need to kill the melee-resistant Gigas, which was handy, since we were light on the mages - just Thom on SMN and Neborin as BLM this week (and Morgoth's RDM). I think Goto really enjoyed his first Limbus run! We had 13 people for the run. I think our group is pretty close to being full now, since several people were missing because of the Easter holiday. As more members of TheUltimates get Sea, they'll start a second Limbus shell.

This run put me over the 75 Ancient Beastcoin mark, so last night I went to see Sagheera in Port Jeuno, and finally bought my Boxer's Mantle from her. Hurray for 10 more Shield Skill! I think that puts me at 312 Shield Skill. I'll have to see how the enmity loss from not using High Breath Mantles works out, but I'm hoping this will be my default mantle until I get my hands on either a Valor Cape or Shadow Mantle... hahahaha... /sigh



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home