Saturday, March 10, 2007

Limbus: Temenos Central, Second Floor

We did another one of the "second level" Temenos runs on Thursday night, this time the Second Floor of Temenos Central. This requires a Scarlet Chip from Temenos East for entry.

This area has 8 elementals, and a Mystic Avatar Carbuncle to fight. When you kill an elemental, the element weak to its element will become a mystic avatar for that element. For example, killing the fire elemental will cause the ice elemental to turn into Shiva. If you follow the elemental weakness chain, you can kill 5 elementals, 1 avatar, then the two Light Elementals that guard Carbuncle, and finally, Carbuncle himself.

We had the same 12 people on the run as we had on Sunday for the First Floor: Venn, Kojita, Itera, Ezekiel, Ranzz, Lucrezia, Thunderbolt, Thom, Ardan, Meshe, Neborin, and Tsakiki. Ezekiel led us around to the elements so that we fought them in this order: Water, Thunder, Earth, Air, Ice. The Fire Elemental then turned into Ifrit. We fought Ifrit on one of the tall ramps, with the melee down below and the mages above, to protect the mages from Astral Flow. We had Ranzz in the tank party, so I could get the appropriate carol to protect me from Astal Flow. I also bought some Pescatora to give me an HP boost along with some added defense. I ended up with about 1485 HP for the run.

Ifrit blasted us with Inferno, and poor Lucrezia was defeated. We defeated Ifrit, Meshe raised Lucrezia, and we moved on to the two Light Elementals. Ardan used Carbuncle to pull one of the elementals at a time, since they're grouped together with the Mystic Carbuncle. He got clean pulls on both, and we defeated them. It was time to face Carbuncle, but he wasn't so bad. We did get blasted pretty badly with Searing Light, but only Venn, Ezekiel, and myself were defeated. We immediately reraised and got right back into the fight. Even with my 490 HP in weakened state, Carbuncle wasn't too troublesome. I used Invincible after my first provoke when I got back up, and that helped keep the damage to a minimum, and Meshe kept me healthy after that wore off.

It was a fun run, and quick as well. We ended up with an item for BST AF+1, which Lucrezia won, a Cerulean Chip that will be needed for Proto Omega, and 41 coins to split amongst ourselves.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tsakiki,

Can you recommend a site for Limbus strats? I don't have Sea yet, but our static is making good progress, and I'm interested in Limbus more than Dynamis, Assault or Salvage.

Btw, I posted on your blog once before, asking for advice on how to make sure folks show up for missions on time. Well, I'm happy to report that the members of our CoP static are now all on time to missions, all the time. /cheer!

March 13, 2007 1:38 pm  
Blogger tsakiki said...

Hi Midnightjade,

We pretty much just use http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Limbus and its related pages. I really do enjoy Limbus a lot more than Dynamis. I've never done Salvage, but I do intend to try it one day when Limbus and Dynamis aren't consuming my time.

I'm glad to hear your static has improved on their promptness! I hope things continue to go well!

March 13, 2007 4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home