Monday, December 11, 2006

Quests: Blade of Death

Another quest I've had active for a couple of years is part of the Dark Knight storyline: Blade of Death. For this quest, Zeid wanted me to kill another 100 monsters with the Chaosbringer greatsword that I used to kill 100 monsters in order to unlock the Dark Knight job. Since I had thrown away my Chaosbringer as soon as my DRK had reached level 5 and I could equip a better greatsword (a Deathbringer I had bought on the Auction House), every time I took the boat out of Palborough Mines, I received a new Chaosbringer for the Blade of Death quest.

On Sunday, when I got yet another Chaosbringer after leaving the Mines when I'd been looking for the diary for the Faded Promises quest, I decided I'd go ahead and complete the quest. It shouldn't take that long to kill 100 bees, worms, and bats near Port Bastok in North Gustaberg, and as a DRK41, I was hoping maybe I could even one-shot them, despite the low damage of the Chaosbringer.

Unfortunately, it usually took me two swings to kill the mobs. With the extremely long delay on the weapon, it felt like I took a minute between swings, and then I wasn't able to attack a new mob without a long wait. But the time passed quickly enough, and I killed a few extra for good measure. Grymalkyn gave me a teleport to the Dem crag, and we headed into the pool in Gusgen Mines, where Nothing Happened. I was sure my count was accurate, so I did some quick research, and learned that the sword you trade to the ??? for the quest must have 200 kills on it. The assumption here is that it's the same Chaosbringer used for the initial DRK Flag quest, so you need only do an additional 100 kills with it. However, if you've tossed that Chaosbringer and started over again, you need to kill 200 with it.

So the next night, I spent an hour or so in West Sarutabaruta killing bees, mandragoras, crabs, and rabbits. I headed back to Gusgen, and this time Zeid appeared and gave me a Deathbringer in exchange for the blood-soaked Chaosbringer. Since it's only good for a DRK from level 5 to about level 10, I promptly placed it on the AH in Windurst and sold it off to another aspiring DRK.

New title: Black Death

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home