Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Leveling: Mamook Spinners (75)

The Low Level Static headed back to Mamook on Sunday, fighting the Spinners again. Wendell hit level 74, which means he's got to go out and get the next level on his BLM (it's 36), or face the shame of an underleveled sub.

Charcole couldn't make it on Sunday, so Onima joined us for the evening as a MNK75/NIN37. I decided that Itera should sub NIN too. :-P

We ended up with about 14k exp with sanction and ring in just under 2.5 hours, so it was about the same as last week. We did get at least one chain #8 this week though, so that was fun. Our only real break was the result of a Kiki death. I got Sickle Slashed for 680 damage when I was apparently low in HP. (My HP this week was 1200.)

Using sushi made a huge difference (plus my Woodsman Ring for part of the night - switched over to my Jelly Ring at some point). My accuracy was 86%, compared to 64% the previous week. I also had put a Merit into +2 Sword Skill, and that probably made a difference as well. I was taking more damage than last week when I was using defense food, but the unblocked hits were in the 80s, so they were still pretty reasonable. The Sickle Slashes seemed worse, and for some reason the Spinners seemed to be double attacking more.

Nearly every pull was two Spinners. This made keeping hate a bit hard for me, since I had to split my hate tools between two mobs, making sure the one we weren't fighting wouldn't jump on Elboron when it would wake up. Itera was also provoking the links, giving him a head start on hate, which he certainly doesn't need. This week, Itera got to borrow Yobun's Kirin's Osode. This made him even more of a menace than he usually is.

My shield skillups were a bit slow this week. I don't think I even got a level, so I'm still stuck at 264 (cap is 276). I think maybe next week I'll wear my shield torque and see if that helps.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

August 17, 2006 4:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

February 15, 2007 9:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home