Thursday, July 06, 2006

Leveling: LLS in Bhaflau Thickets (75)

We headed back to fight Sea Puks and Mamool Ja near the Mamool Ja Staging Point in Bhaflau Thickets again on Sunday night. Elboron was geared up for pulling (including a Kirin's Osode borrowed from Midget), and it made a huge difference in the amount of damage he was taking on the pulls. Even the Jurik didn't kill him this time.

We started a bit late, and had several interruptions with disconnections (I had a storm-induced power failure), and one Kiki-death at the hands of another Mamool Ja Mimer. This time it was Radiant Breath followed by a Firespit, when I was silenced and fumbling for my echo drops, and someone was bugging Wendell for a Raise III.

I ended up with less than 10k limit points, with ring and sanction. Too many other parties in the same area overwhelmed the prey, and provoke makes for faster pulling than Elegy, so Elboron was getting outpulled by the WARs or /WARs from the other parties. I opted for the Refresh bonus with my Sanction, and it seemed to make a difference, since I hardly touched my melon juice supply. I had almost all my enmity gear on, and was eating Dorado Sushi, and am fairly satisfied with the results (i.e. I can hold hate better). I'm still not a fan of this type of exp, but it definitely is really easy to get to camp with the Runic Portals.