Wednesday, April 19, 2006

General: Update Musings

I've been very preoccupied with the new update and the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion this week, and am eager to get to the new areas and take a look around. We farmed some testimonies for Itera, Elbo, Grym, Xanther and Kiki last night, hoping that those are indeed one of the items to get the pass to travel to the new region.

Paladins got a couple boosts with the update. At level 25, we now have a job trait "Shield Mastery", which increases the amount of TP we get when we successfully block with our shields. This should help me get TP faster than I have been, and be able to weaponskill more often. People are reporting that the block rate seems to have been improved as well, so I'm eager to see the change in action when we exp next Sunday.

At level 35, Paladins gain "Auto Refresh", which means we get back 1 MP per tick, just like Summoners do. I have to admit that I'm not nearly as excited about this as a Galka or Elvaan Paladin might be (I have about 500 base MP, which would take a long time to refill at 1 mp/tick), but it is a really nice enhancement. I've read that some RDMs are using this as an excuse to not Refresh their PLD tanks anymore, which is a huge mistake.

Some of the new equipment looks pretty amazing, but I'm sure a lot of it's going to be made of unobtainium for players such as myself.