Friday, August 08, 2008

Unintended Hiatus

I haven't meant to stay away from my blog for so long, but the days keep passing without me feeling much like writing about Kiki's adventures. She's been a fairly busy little Tarudin, all things considered, but I had already fallen behind on blogging when our adored 7 year old cat suddenly got ill and subsequently was euthanized on July 20th, after 4 days in intensive care at an emergency pet hospital with no hope of recovery.

Adding to the misery, my husband, sensitive soul that he is, passed out at the animal hospital and fell, gashing his left eye and chin badly. We spent the next 6 hours in a human ER down the road from the animal hospital, where he ended up with two dozen stitches in his eyelids to put them back together, along with a couple more for the cut on his chin. The eyelids have healed up pretty well, but his jaw is still bothering him a lot. I'm so glad he didn't damage the eye itself, or break his neck even.

Needless to say, I've had too much on my mind to write stories about the fun Kiki's been having fighting monsters.

It's not fair - Willow was supposed to be around for years. It was our 18 year old cat with kidney disease that was expected to go first. Now Isis wanders the house, yowling, looking for her little buddy. It's been just over three weeks since Willow left the house for the last time, and Isis slowly seems to be realizing that Willow isn't coming back.

Hopefully I'll be back to my usual posting soon.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew GJ Fung said...

I'm sorry to hear about Willow, it must be very hard. My cats are about the same age, I can imagine how you all feel.

August 08, 2008 12:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all this kiki. Take some time to get things squared away at home, and we'll all be looking forward to your full return.

Give faust my best wishes on a speedy and complete recovery, hopefully everything will be okay with him.

Take care kiki, we miss you =)

August 09, 2008 12:37 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about everything that happened. I know it stinks to lose a pet. :( Glad your husband wasn't hurt any worse than he was.

Hope everything gets better soon and hope to see you post soon.

-Avid Reader

August 11, 2008 4:15 pm  
Blogger tsakiki said...

Thanks guys. Things are slowly getting back to "normal", but we really miss our little companion.

August 25, 2008 8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home