Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Invasion of Mamook

The Eminence linkshell event a week ago Saturday was a fight with one of the Beastmen Kings of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion: Gulool Ja Ja. The throne room for this two-headed Mamool Ja is deep within Mamook, and requires one person to have 3 rare/ex Mamook keys (Tanscale, Blackscale and Silverscale) to open the door to let everyone in for the fight.

We had around 30 people there for the fight, with 18 in the main alliance, and a party with 4 NINs, a WHM and a BRD assigned to hold Gulool Ja Ja's 4 minions off in a room to the side of the throne room. The extra people sat outside the fighting alliance, ready to be swapped in as soon as someone in the fighting group got killed. The tank party had 2 WHMs, 2 BRDs, and 2 PLDs. I was one of 4 PLDs for the fight (Solarus, Sasu, and Infi were the others), and being the untested newbie, I was the last one swapped in. (Put me in Coach! Put me in!) I didn't last too long my first round -- after a bunch of Cure IVs I got Gulool's full attention and was back on the sidelines in a flash.

I got to go back into the fighting group when Galool was around 20%, and this time stayed alive, thanks to everyone healing me, so I was part of the group that got the title for the defeat. I was pretty excited! It was a fun fight, and I'm looking forward to more in the future.


New Title: Shining Scale Rifler

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home