Thursday, August 28, 2008

The End of UltimatesForever

It's been a long time since I posted an update on Salvage. Allia ended up killing off the UltimatesForever linkshell in June, and I suppose this is as good a time as any to post my final comments on it. I actually stopped going to Salvage after our May 30th run, my 58th Salvage. It was yet another disappointing run. I really think we just didn't do things quite right.

Overall, we did do OK I guess, as long as the goals set for a given run weren't too ambitious. Part of the problem was that some people seemed incapable of focusing their attention on the game for 100 minutes straight. I don't think Salvage is an event where you can get away with phoning in your performance.

We never managed to complete a single piece in the 14 months we ran Salvage, and I believe Venn was the only person with two of three towards one piece (Ares's Cuirass). I finally got the 100% drop part for the Ares's Mask in April, but it didn't seem like we'd ever manage to get the other two pieces I'd need to complete it.

At least my Friday evenings are free now! It was such a relief to finally be able to say "I'm not coming to Salvage any more." I felt bad for giving up on it, but some times you just have to cut your losses and move on. And really, I kept going to Salvage for a year after I wanted to stop...


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home