Friday, September 07, 2007

Fancy Pants

After our win against Proto-Omega less than two weeks ago, we didn't want to wait long before trying again, to make sure it wasn't a fluke and we really had a strategy that worked for us. We did two Apollyon Runs for coins and chips (SE and NW), and then on Sunday night, we mustered the forces and headed back to Central Apollyon. We had pretty much the same crew as the previous fight, but instead of Ryken and Reefermadness, Serenity was there, and two new members, Lustt and Toshimitsu. Job-wise we had one less MNK and BLM, but an extra SMN, DRG, and WHM.

The plan was the same - SMNs using Physical and Magical rage bloodpacts on the appropriate forms, while the NIN and PLD co-tanked, the BRD kept up songs, the WHMs kept people healthy, the BLMs watched for gunpods and kept up stuns and nukes, the RDMs enfeebled, refreshed, hasted and cut loose with Chainspell-Stun, while the melee mostly waited on the sides for their final frenzy.

The fight was a bit more chaotic than the last time, but it also seemed to be much quicker. Luc and I lost hate to a Chi Blast from Itera, probably because we'd been hit with Pile Pitch a couple times and hadn't regained our hate yet, but I'm not sure about that. I died in the middle of the fight (3 big hits from the two-legged form when I was stunned and couldn't do anything), but Luc had things under control, so I popped back up and ran off to the side to rest. I didn't have long though, as they got Omega under 25% and everyone rushed in for the kill. I joined in and tried to help out, but I don't think I added much. I think next time, I'll try to use Invincible and Cover on one of the RDM/DRKs to try to keep them alive during Chainspell-Stun. Hopefully we can coordinate that during the commotion of the fight.

Proto-Omega was dead, and the treasure crate contained two of Omega's Hind Legs! I was first in line for those, so I got the first one, and Venn, Lucrezia and Tye lotted on the second. Venn and Luc both passed for Tye though, since they'd got a piece of Homam on our previous run. Anrita gave Tye and I a Teleport-Mea, and we rode off to Mhaura to trade our hind legs for Homam Cosciales. I still find it hard to believe that Kiki actually has a piece of Homam gear! They're a little hard to see on Kiki, as her body armor hangs down and mostly covers them. Not to mention everything's so small on a Tarutaru...


The linkshell seems to be in really good shape at the moment. I don't know if it's because of our recent Proto-Omega victories, or just a result of more and more people getting Sea access, but we've reached the limit on the roster and have started turning people away. I think maybe we need to figure out how to make things work with more than 18 people, but I don't think having a second shell is the right approach, since that could leave one or another short-handed, and also cause rivalries between the groups. It's probably best to split people into two groups for farming and even for the Weapons fights - make sure we have 18 people with the right jobs for the weapon fights, while making sure all the people likely to be eligible to lot are part of that group, and send the other people off for farming in another area that evening.

We had 17 people show up on Thursday for our farming run, which is quite unusual, but the new people need to get 10 runs under their belts in order to be able to lot Omega or Ultima parts, so it's in their best interest to show up as much as possible, plus I'm sure they want coins and AF upgrade items. Lucrezia decided to split into two groups to maximize our coins/items and get two chips. He took a group of 8 through Temenos N (Beastmen), while I took a group of 7 through Temenos E (elementals). I felt like we were a little slow with just the 7 of us, and I ended up taking 3 time chests (got a bit unlucky on the floors I needed time chests on, which wasted some tie), but chose wisely for each of the 4 items chests, and didn't get a single avatar, so it was really a nice and easy run.

Both groups finished up at pretty much the same time, so we had Fliggity come over to my alliance and lot the chip and get the second BLM item that dropped. It's too bad we couldn't share treasure pools during the runs, as they got three MNK items, and Lustt in my team could have used one of them. We ended up with 76 coins total, which meant everyone got 4. If we'd taken the entire group into one area, we would have torn the place up, but would have had only 3, maybe even 2, coins each.

It's taken us a long long time to get to this point in our Limbus career, but it sure feels nice now that we're here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home