Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Besieged: Level 8!

Last week's update brought us, amongst other things, Level 8 Besiegeds. I've continued to participate in Besieged when I can, but with my schedule so full these days, I haven't been to very many. Lakshmi remains undefeated (741 wins as of June 12th), but there was a weird bug in May that reset our record back to 0. Fortunately they were able to fix the bug and restore our record, but for a few days there, the level 1 Besiegeds were a bit of a joke.

When I got logged in after the update, I saw that the Undead Swarm would be attacking after my bed time, but I wanted to stay up and see what it was like. I wasn't the only one, as Al Zahbi had reached its limit of 700 people nearly an hour before the Undead Swarm arrived.

We were hoping for a challenge, and we weren't disappointed. They arrived in greater numbers than they had previously, with several new NMs. The Nemean Lion was particularly nasty, and seemed to be able to kill people at the other side of the Parade, though perhaps that was just a lag problem. Lamia No. 2 made her way to the Whitegate zone, and stood there picking off all the weakened people "hiding" in the corners.

Things were going really rough, and many of us feared we'd finally lose a Besieged. After about an hour, we'd lost 3 of the generals. My PS2 froze, and I had to power cycle it, and by the time I got back into Al Zahbi, we'd lost the other 2 generals. Somehow we managed to get the Undead to retreat, but I got Doomed and died 2 seconds before they warped out. So no limit points for Kiki, but others got over 1800 points.

The Trolls were building their forces when I went to bed, but I heard that several alliances of people swarm Ilrusi Atoll and rescued all of the prisoners before the Trolls arrived. Both the Trolls and then the Mamools were relatively easily repelled. The Undead Swarm always seem so much harder to beat.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home