Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Limbus: Time for another Update

I guess it's time I updated TheNewUltimates' Limbus progress, since I haven't written anything about it for a month or so. For awhile there it looked like we'd regularly get nearly a full alliance going, but we're back to not even filling two parties most of the time, which is too bad. We're fairly regularly clearing the zones we try, adding more chips to our collections for Proto-Omega and Proto-Ultima, but without more people, we can't really attempt those either. Venn's holding all the chips he can at the moment, Ezekiel has close to a full set, but has been having real life issues this month and hasn't been playing, so I'm getting the current chips. So far I just have two "first tier" Temenos chips, which are used to enter the Central Temenos levels.

We did one "metal chip run" in mid-April, taking on CS Apollyon. It didn't go so well, but was fun to try, and we'll know how to do it better next time. The metal chip we used for this run had been a treasure drop at some point, but you can also purchase metal chips from Sagheera for 75 Ancient Beastcoins. Because it has the potential of giving us a lot of loot, we've decided to take all the "extra" coins from our runs and put them in the LS bank to fund future purchases of metal chips.

We did Temenos North a week or so ago, based on heavy lobbying from the team, and that worked out really well, since Lucrezia, Itera, Venn, and I all got items we needed for upgrades. Since I had just got my Valor Surcoat from Dynamis, there was no need to upgrade my Gallant Surcoat, and I couldn't decide if it was worth upgrading my Gallant Breeches or not. I am hoping to get better pants than those in time, but who knows when that will happen. So I decided that yes, it was worth getting my Gallant Breeches +1, and I turned in all the necessary items to Sagheera.

I mentioned this on an AF+1 thread I had started on the ffxiclopedia forums a few months back, and got chided by other PLDs who said there are better pants: Valor Breeches, Homam Cosciales, and Crimson Cuisses. This was after I had already stated that I was hoping to get the first two, but since I didn't know when that would happen, I upgraded my AF. The AF+1 legs are better for me than the Adaman I've been wearing for over a year. And the Crimson Cuisses are from gods, and I don't do gods. Oh well. People seem to not read things very well, just pick up on one thing and tear you apart over it.

However, if we don't get more people into TNU, I'm never going to see any Homam gear, and with 5 or 6 other main-lotting PLDs that need their Valor Breeches, it's not very likely I'll get those soon either. So, I'm very pleased with my new shiny white pants. I guess it's time to start re-questing my boots and pants, and I can get my AF put back into storage. I'm pretty sure I'm done with upgrades. All my coins will go for my brutal earring next.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home