Saturday, May 05, 2007

Dynamis: San d'Oria

On Saturday night, after winning my Valor Surcoat and putting it on and admiring it for the first time, I noticed my Creek F Mitts, fondly referred to as the Oven Mitts, just didn't do my new coat any justice. I said to the LS, "When are we doing Sandy next? I need some gloves to match my my new jacket." Well, wouldn't you know it, San d'Oria was next on our agenda. So Wednesday night, we gathered together in San d'Oria, going for the flag for a couple of new members, and hoping for a good bit of farming as well.

Amyalfrodo won the lot for main tank, and despite her trepidation about the role, this being her second dynamis run ever, we insisted on throwing her into the deep end to teach her to swim. San d'Oria's really a pretty good place to start learning anyway, and with Jarbit, Lumikumi and I backing her up on the PLD team, along with Daden as NIN, we figured it would go pretty well. Goldfish was pulling like a mad man though, so poor Amy was getting a bit overwhelmed, but she's catching on quickly. Hopefully she enjoyed it as well.

We had some massive pulls, but it was a pretty uneventful journey up to the Megaboss. Amy and Crazyxen got their flags, and we continued to farm afterwards. One of the mobs killed Amy, and I took over main tanking, and I believe it was the mob that actually killed Amy that dropped the Valor Gauntlets, just as I believe it had been the mob that killed Lumikumi that dropped the Surcoat on Saturday. Since it was Amy's second run with us, I was the only PLD lotting on the glove, and they were mine! Hurray! They look so much better than my oven mitts. I miss the HP I've lost by not wearing my RSE mitts, but I think the Enmity and Defense are probably worth it. I'll keep the mitts around for when I'm a lolDDpld, and when I need max HP, but I think my Valor Gauntlets should be my default tanking hand gear, at least until I get my Homam gloves. :-)

We ended up getting probably 8 drops of relic that night, and ended up wiping horribly, twice, near the death courtyard that we had so much troubles with on an earlier run. These late night post-Boss famring runs tend to break down a bit, as people start to leave, and the ones who stay are perhaps getting a bit sleepy.

Here's a couple of screenshots comparing my oven mitts to my proper Valor Gauntlets:

Sure is a big improvement!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger knitphomaniac said...

alright... I've no idea what some of that means, but it sounds like a good adventure nonetheless :)

May 05, 2007 6:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow lucky. Nice gear too:)

May 07, 2007 1:06 pm  
Blogger tsakiki said...

knitphomaniac, yes, indeed, they've been good adventures! It definitely wouldn't make much sense to most people, just those of us addicted to this game. :-)

Thanks raidenn, I do feel like a very lucky Taru these days!

May 07, 2007 7:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home