Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Assault: Repeats for Assault Points

I've been doing assaults some what regularly, and even managed to get enough repeats to be able to do the Lance Corporal promotion quest 4 weeks ago, despite having only done 2 unique assaults since my Superior Private promotion. Of course that was last August, so you'd think I'd have gotten 25 points a bit sooner..

ClanBEB has started doing Assaults on Monday evenings, and the thought is to repeat easy ones in areas where people need points for a specific piece of gear until everyone has what they need, and then move on to the next one. Meanwhile, people are getting enough repeats to be able to rank up, but some of us would like to try more of the assaults we've never done before.

The main one we've been doing is the PFC Mamool Ja Staging Point Assault, Preemptive Strike. I kind of like it since we end up with close to 1,000 exp/limit points for each run, and it's so quick and easy with a couple of monks and a war plowing through the Mamool Ja.

Anastasia, Yobun, and I also did several runs of Saving Private Ryaaf - this time with me as PLD/BST for wide-scan. That was helpful for seeing whether an Experimental Undead was blocking a corridor on the way to the cell rooms.

The Lance Corporal Promotion quest was pretty easy - I had to collect water samples from 5 springs in the Woodlands and Thickets, and bring them back to the Alchemy Guild in Whitegate. I was a bit worried about getting aggro near the ponds, but it wasn't really a problem. I used my chocobo whistle to get my chocobo to take me from pond to pond as well, which was pretty handy. When I got back to Whitegate, I tested the samples with the alchemist, and came up with a sample with a high concentration of Mythralline, which netted me two gold pieces as my reward, along with my new mercenary rank.

New title: Lance Corporal

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home