Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Crafting: Breaking Rods

moat carp count: 2295/10000

I've been working on Kiki's woodworking the past few days, and have it up to 49 now. Arrows are very good for levelling on, since I tend to at least break-even on them. I've also started to get about 50% HQs on arrowwood lumber, with a lot of HQ2 and even a few HQ3, which is really nice. I probably could make decent gil just making arrowwood lumber. It can cost as little as 361 to make a stack, and at most 1500. I suppose it's not the quickest way to wealth, though it's certainly easy.

Horn arrows cap at 49, and the next good ones are the scorpion arrows. However, they cap at 59, and I would probably fail a lot if I started trying those now. I decided that I can try repairing fastwater rods (cap 52) for awhile, so I bought a stack of light crystals and a broken rod, got 2 more rods out of storage, and started fishing in Northern San d'Oria to try to break them. I used 4 stacks of little worms and only broke my rods 3 times. At least I caught some moat carp. I got .4 skillups on 4 synths, so it seems pretty promising. This morning, I headed out to East Ronfaure to see if I'd have better "luck" breaking my rods there. I was able to break two rods with one stack of little worms, but didn't get any skillups on the repairs (it was light day, waxing crescent I think). It's not the cheapest of bridge synths, with the light crystals running about 5K a stack, but the scorpion arrows might be worse until I get a few levels higher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home