Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Missions: The Archmage Assassins - Mission 5-1 Completed

We headed out to Fei'Yin Friday night to replace the seal for the Star Sybil, and very nearly didn't succeed. I think our plan was pretty good, but people paid too much attention to the minions instead of just nuking the Archlich Taber'quoan.

For the battle, our team was:

PLD50/WAR25 Tsakiki
THF50/MNK22 Grymalkyn (using h2h, so subbed her underlevelled MNK)
RNG50/WAR25 Manon
SMN50/WHM25 Locmari
BLM50/WHM25 Emith
RDM45/WHM22 Marilyn

The 5 Windurstians used outpost teleport to Beaucedine Glacier, and immediately got aggro'd by two Bat Eyes, and our fight attracted the attention of two Ice Elementals. I thought we were all going to die then and there, but we survived. Marilyn used outpost teleport to Xarcabard, and snuck over to meet up with us. The trip through the glacier was fairly uneventful, with a few small skirmishes. We made it through Fei'Yin to the Burning Circle with no trouble at all with Sneak.

We buffed up, healed for MP, and headed in. Kiki flashed the Archlich, gathered up a bunch of minions, provoked the Archlich and started swinging away. Used all 3 Hi-Potions I had brought with me, had a pear au lait and a melon juice, tried to heal when I could. Used Circle Blade when ever I had full TP, which usually killed 3 minions. I used Invincible not too long after my first Circle Blade, since that's when Emith was going to use Firaga, and I didn't want things to go running after him. It was probably earlier than I should have used it. The minions kept on coming...

Locmari used Thunderspark and got too much hate, and I couldn't get the minions off of him with a couple of Cure IIIs, so he went down first. Kiki was next, then Manon, then Marilyn, then Emith (who was kiting 10 minions at one point). Grym was left fighting alone, and with the help of a 250+ point Backhand Blow, managed to defeat the Archlich with less than 100 HP left. So, yay! We won!

Felt funny to have the title "Archmage Assassin" when I was lying facedown for the end of the fight.

Looking back at the log for the fight, I realized just how bad RNGs really are against skeletons. Manon's hits were all for single digits. Grym's backhand blows and Emith's Thunder IIs were the only things that did really good damage (high 200s). We'll most likely have to do it again when Elboron has to do it, and this time we'll be a bit better prepared. If Locmari had been able to use Astral Flow, that probably would have made the fight a lot shorter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home