Saturday, October 06, 2007

Same Old, Same Old

I haven't been updating my blog very frequently lately, partially because real life has been a bit more stressful/hectic than usual, but also because I feel like I'm just repeating myself.

For a long time now, my game life has felt like a lot of of the same things, over and over. My recent AF re-questing helped drive that point home. I spend a lot of my free time helping people with missions and quests that I've already done, while my non-free time consists of Dynamis, Limbus, and Salvage, which tend to get somewhat routine as the months pass. I really enjoy helping others, and it's fun to go back and trounce mobs in missions that were often challenging when I did them the first time. And frequently, helping someone with missions and quests means that I then have more people to help out with a mission/quest that I haven't done. Assaults been like that - dozens of repeats mean we get people ranked up and can move forward to the ones none of us have done. Helping people with The Black Coffin meant more people for Salvage, and helping with CoP missions meant more people for Limbus.

There are so many things in the game that I haven't done, some of them are probably things I'll never do, and with the next expansion coming out in November, there will be even more added. It really is endless.

It's also the repetitive nature of leveling that probably keeps me from wanting to take another job to 75. I still think I want to take several more to 60 (WAR, DRK, BLM), and want to take more to 37 (THF, WHM, RNG, SAM), and I really do want to do something with Summoner, since I have all the avatars and even my Carbuncle Mitts, but I really don't see having the time for all of that. And then there's the matter of merits for my Paladin. I'm so far behind what I want to improve my stats and abilities, but it takes a long time to build up the limit points when the only exp I get is in a few assaults and an occasional Besieged.

I'm still mostly enjoying my time in-game. I'm quite fond of my game friends, and I love the sense of accomplishment when we win tough battles. It's quite nice to help people get things they want as well, but I keep wondering how much more this game really holds for me. How will I know when I'm done? My husband is patiently waiting for me to be done with "that stupid game", but as the months drag on and on, he's starting to give up hope. It's been over 9 months since he last logged into the game. I really miss playing with Grymalkyn, but he wouldn't be doing most of the things I'm currently doing even if he was playing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home