Friday, December 17, 2004

Crafting: "I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK..."

Kiki hit 28 in woodworking a couple of weeks ago, so she's been working on building Guild Points so she could trade them for the Lumberjack key item, which allows you to synth 3 logs at a time (using bundling twine) and save on wind crystals while making lumber.

It seems a lot of people work on GP, since the daily items and materials to make the items get a bit scarce or pricey when it's their day.

Some of the requied items are available in stores for less than the cost of synthing, like Lauan Shields. I could pick these up for around 120 in Port Windurst (low fame mule), and they were worth 30 GP. Problem was you could turn in 42. That was a lot of switching between characters, and I did it for two different days.

I think my favorite so far is the Holly Pole. These are worth 423 GP, and cost as little as 500 to buy, and 900 to make. My average cost for making them was 1200 and for purchase was 600. I think 8 was all I could turn in, but it was a cheap 3384 GP, and it put Kiki up over 10,000 GP.

So Kiki can now lumberjack, which should be beneficial, at least for making arrowwood and ash lumber.

We're also working on getting Qiara enough Guild Points at the Culinary Guild so she can get Raw Fish Handling and be able to make sushi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home