Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Fishing: City Fishing in the Expansion

I did a little bit of casual fishing in the moat near the Auction House in Al Zahbi, and at the two ports in Aht Urhgan Whitegate, just to see what different fish I could catch.

In Al Zahbi, I was able to catch Sazanbaligi with shrimp lure and little worms. This fish is probably identical to Gold Carp. It bites the same bait, it fights the same, it NPCs for the same (300 gil), it doesn't seem to be useful for anything, and I got a .2 skillup on it at level 53. I didn't get anything but a rusty bucket with a sinking minnow, but I didn't make many casts either. I caught several Kayabaligi with both minnow and little worm, and this one seems more like the tricoloured carp, but it's worth more to the NPCs (310 gil). I caught an eel, Yilanbaligi, using little worms. There hadn't been any listed on the AH yet, so I sold it to myself for 1 gil, then took it to an NPC. I also caught a few regular old crayfish.

At both the north and south ports in Whitegate the fish seemed to be the same. I was able to catch nothing with a shrimp lure, but got Denizanasi (like cobalt jellyfish) with Robber Rig, Sinking Minnow, and Minnow. I also got Kalamar (cone calimari) with the Minnow. Both of those are used in new recipies for Mercury and Black Ink, so I'll save those up to sell when I get full stacks.

We did some exploration in Aydeewa Subterrane and found a beautiful little pond that's just screaming for some sneak fishing. I would bet the Lamp Marimo comes out of there, since we saw glowing globes in the water, but it just looks like such a nice spot to fish.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

I fished there with Insect Paste to see what would happen. I got a few moat carp, some sazanbaligi, and a hard-fighting fish I couldn't begin to reel up.

May 02, 2006 7:23 am  
Blogger tsakiki said...

I think it's cool that they seem to have put legendaries in the city moats! If I had had more little worms for my experiment, I probably would have managed to get a moat carp or two as well.

May 03, 2006 12:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

February 20, 2007 6:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home