Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Missions: Doll of the Dead (Windurst 9-1)

After completing Mission 8-2, I headed over to the gate guard to see if they had anything new they wanted me to help out with. I wasn't found worthy until I donated 7 and a half stacks of crystals to the city's coffers, and then was able to pick up Doll of the Dead. They sent me to speak with Apururu at the Manustery again, where I found Ajido-Marujido has awoken. We had to head over to Heaven's Tower to talk with the Star Sybil, and learned that the Bearer of Darkness had been there. I ended up being asked to speak with Apururu's father, who had been imprisoned within Boyahda Tree and discover the truth behind the doll of the dead.

Yoran-Oran gave me some advice and said Mandragoras are crazy about Goobbue Humus, and I thought that might help me get the information I needed. We've already spent a good deal of time trying to find the Goobbue Humus without any luck, but on Saturday, Erock volunteered to help Elboron, Grymalkyn, and Kiki get the three Humus they needed by fighting the numerous Elder Goobbues. These range from VT to IT++ for the three of us, so having our RDM75/NIN37 friend was a huge help. We figured we'd have to wait until we were capable of handling them as a trio in order to complete this mission.

We had a pretty easy time with the Elder Goobbues, as a foursome with Erock tanking as RDM75/NIN37, Elboron BRD67/WHM33, Grymalkyn THF67/WHM33, and Kiki PLD67/RDM33. Erock had shadows, stoneskin and phalanx to protect him, and with Elboron singing haste songs, his recast timers were really low. Kiki got hit with Beatdown once, for over 600 points, so I can see these being tough for exp parties our level. The Goobbues have an AOE silence move, so we went through a lot of echo drops, but after a couple of hours, we got the three Goobbue Humus we needed, along with a nice chunk of exp, a few tree cuttings and pieces of wisteria lumber. It was so nice of Erock to help us out with this!

The three of us headed down to the Mandragora Wardens and bribed them with our Humus, and they let us in to talk with Apururu's father.


I went to give Apururu the information back in Windurst, and she asked me to go check on things at Full Moon Fountain. I switched to my RDM60/BLM30 for sneak and warp and made my way through Toraimarai Canal to the Full Moon Fountain, where I learned that I'm the star of hope to save Windurst. I think they've got the wrong Tarutaru, but I'll do what I can. I can't believe I'm actually one mission away from Rank 10, though admittedly, it sounds like the next mission is fairly challenging.

New Title: Guiding Star

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home