Monday, February 20, 2006

Leveling: LLS in Gustav Tunnel vs. Bones (67-68)

Last night, Yobun (one of our two thieves) had a committment to help with an Optical Hat run, so we ended up replacing him with Latch, another MNK67 (this is a second character Vawn's been leveling to have the "perfect" duo buddy for his PLD75-BRD75 character). Since we had two Monks, I decided we should try fighting the Doom Guards and Doom Warlocks in Gustav Tunnel.

We made our way to an isolated and safe camp, and I ate my Black Curry which caused my husband to comment, "Um, what happened to 'no eating three hour food at a new camp'?"

We started in fighting, and it wasn't the best party setup (PLD MNK MNK THF SMN BRD), but we managed to survive. The Warlocks were especially nasty with their AOEs, and we'd often end up with the entire party in deep orange. We had a lot of resting for MP, and the exp was pretty slow. I think we were fighting for 2 hours and 15 minutes, and only managed about 8.5k exp. I think I liked the pugils better than the bones, but some of the skeletons did go down really fast. Itera, Kiki, Grym, and Elbo all hit 68, and Kitti made it to 63. Latch will be 72 before next Sunday (I think he's a bit obsessive compulsive), so that's the last we'll see of him in an exp party.

The thing I'm most excited about for hitting level 68 is that I will now have Stoneskin as a PLD/RDM. I think now I'm ready for our trio to take on the Recluse Spiders in Kuftal and get us the shoalweeds we need for The Promise quest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home