Monday, December 05, 2005

Quests: Pulling the Strings (Mine Shaft #2716 ENM)

Kiki decided to head off to Movalpolis to try the level 60 capped solo ENM, Pulling the Strings. For this, your subjob is removed, and you face a marionette, the Fantoccini, with a Moblin Fantocciniman rolling dice and changing the status for you or the Fantoccini. The first roll, the Fantoccini was given 153 TP, which he used to Vorpal Blade on Kiki. Then Kiki got a Defense Boost, then an Attack Boost. But the fourth roll gave the Fantoccini 300 TP, which meant a 982 point Spirits Within and a dead Kiki.

Next time I think she'll take some food and an au lait, plus be ready to use Invincible. The Fantoccini wasn't taking a lot of damage either, so I probably want to up Kiki's attacks. Kiki did get .5 skillups for her shield, but I'm not sure that was really worth the 22K gil it cost to get up there. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

;_;
I didn't know you were doing this last night (hope I didn't bother you with tells during your fight). I saw you were in Mine Shaft #2716, but I didn't know that was why you were there. I'm sorry to hear that you lost. :(

I heard that this fight is good practice for Maat. In fact, I've heard a few people say this fight is tougher than Maat.

December 06, 2005 8:01 am  
Blogger tsakiki said...

The fight was so short, I don't think I got any tells or had any LS chat during it even. :-)

I considered it a trial run, to see what it was like. I'll go back better prepared next time, but it really does seem to amount to luck quite a bit, depending on how the dice rolls go and what the Moblin chooses to do to you or the marionette. It will definitely be good practice for Maat!

December 06, 2005 8:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home