Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Leveling: Another interesting evening for the LLS (61-62)

Diasuke had the flu Sunday night and couldn't make it for the LLS, so we searched around for a healer and got a RDM60/BLM30 to agree to go out for some experience points. We didn't really know where to go, but fighting Trapogans in Bibiki Bay seemed like a good idea. We got a Teleport-Mea from Ijin, hopped on chocobo, and headed to Bibiki Bay.

Before we had left Jeuno, we checked the area, and there was one other party our level in Bibiki. However, there was another party there by the time we got there. We decided to give it a try, and camped in a dead-end canyon. We killed the bird there, and it went quite well. Next, we tried a Goblin Fascinator. Goblins aren't a good idea without a WHM, or a RDM/WHM at least. Poor Elboron had to work terribly hard to help with curaga and barfira and removing what status effects he could. We managed pretty well, and, with our empress bands, got 396 for the chain #1.

Next we decided to try a Tartarus Eft. Somepage said they're 77-79, which would be much too high for us (birds are 72-74 I think), but they checked as IT low evasion, high defense for both the THFs, so we figured we'd give it a shot. It wasn't our best idea. I swapped in my earth staff at some point, but it didn't help an awful lot. Just about when I was ready to hit invincible, the eft did a double attack and down I went. Itera was next, then the RDM, then Elbo, then the two THFs. Ijin headed out to hand out R3s, but our RDM homepointed and disbanded before Ijin arrived.

After resting up, we tried to convince Elbryan to join us for a few hours with his RDM60, but a friend talked him into going to a movie instead. So Corbun came out as a RDM54 and we headed back to where we'd been fighting in Attohwa Chasm last week. We actually chose a slightly different camp, which was much better for lining up for the THFs, but did have antlions and lizards spawning on top of us. Our fighting went pretty smoothly. Some of the lizards and flies weren't worth a lot of EXP, but they went fast.

I bought some Carbonara to try (14K for a single, which lasts 30 minutes). It doesn't have +DEF like my usual Tavnazian Tacos, but it did give me about 150 HP, and extra attack power. I'm not sure it's the best food for me yet, especially not if it's 110-120K a stack. If Qiara got noodle kneading, I think we could make it for a lot less. Kiki will have to make the Buffalo Jerky though, as Qiara might HQ it into Bison Jerky, which wouldn't work.

At one point, we had an Antlion spawn on us as we were fighting another one. I swear it spawned inside the one we were fighting. I think most of us didn't notice it until I was pretty well beat down. I used Invincible, got back up into good health, we killed the first and moved on to the second. A bit scary, but no harm done.

Towards the end of the night, Corbun wanted to focus on raising his Elemental Skill, so he left the healing to me and Elbo. This wouldn't be bad at times, but an Antlion started really tearing me apart, and kept getting double attacks in, and I just couldn't get a cure off. Elboron had no MP and Kiki's HP was under 20 when Corbun finally decided he might need to help Cure Kiki. /sigh

Then on our last fight, we got a linked lizard, and after the first was dead, my provoke and flash and shield bash weren't up, so I just attacked it. It headed straight for Elboron who'd be keeping it asleep, and I was moving around to cover him when Corbun converted and hit Elboron with a big Cure, grabbing the lizard's attention. Since he only had about 50 HP after the convert, he went down in one hit. Not a great way to end the night, but it was time to quit.

Everyone but Yobun got a level. Elboron BRD61, Itera MNK62, Grym THF62, Kiki PLD62, and Corbun RDM55. We probably fought for just over 2 hours total, gaining around 9.5K with the deaths. Not bad, considering. Itera death warped earlier in the day, and also got an R2 on our wipe. Between that, plus us using empress bands and all the EXP we picked up on the easy preys on Saturday, we're getting caught up to him. I got to put on my new Creek Mitts at 62. The extra 65 HP is nice, as is the extra strength.